When it comes to printing on hoodies, it is one of our most difficult garments to print on but one of of our top sellers. When ordering a print on a hoodie, you will want to be aware of the following issues:
- To get the highest quality print when going over hoodie zippers or pockets, we recommend using a 80/20 blend or 100% cotton hoodie with discharge ink and no underbase.
- Since hoodies / fleece are made with thick fabric and soak up a lot of ink, the color of the garment may influence the ink colors.
- Since hoodies / fleece are made with thick fabric, they require a different set up then most garments, and there for, we can not mix them with other garments on a order.
- When you print over the seams & zippers, it can throw the registration off and You may see white poking out from under the design. We do have special pallets that have indentations for the zipper and seams, but not every sweatshirt is exactly the same.
- When it comes to adding a print to the hood of a hoodie, we recommend single lined garments as double lined hoodies can move on us while printing.
- Since double lined garments tend to move on us while printing, we recommend 1 color discharge prints for all double lined garments
- If you're wanting to add a print to a hoodie pocket, it will require us to temporarily glue down the pocket so it doesn't move around on us while printing. We try our best to remove the glue before shipping but if you receive your product with a bit of residue still left on, it should wash out after the first wash.
If you need more information, have additional questions or just can't find the answer to your question here, please submit a support ticket and one of our account managers will be happy to help.