Direct to garment printing (DTG) is the latest technology in apparel printing. Direct to garment printing is very similar to the inkjet printer you have in your office, but is 10x the size and uses commercial water based apparel inks. The great thing about Direct to garment printing is that there are no film positives or screens to create which results in no set up cost or fees, and you can print about 16 million different colors. DTG printing is well suited for smaller production runs better know as “1 Off’s”, especially those jobs requiring unlimited colors, or when trying to achieve photo realistic qualities. The DTG technology is so revolutionary, it has benefits that screen printing just can’t provide:
- No Screens ($20 + per screen, per color, per location)
- No Set ups (All we need is your art set up at 300 dpi and you are good to go)
- No Art separations (There is no need to break your art into separate color layers, as it prints what you give us)
- DTG offers photo quality images at 600dpi or simple 1 color graphics
- Soft to the touch print vs rough globby ink
Here is a video of our process in action:
If you need more information, have additional questions or just can't find the answer to your question here, please submit a support ticket and one of our account managers will be happy to help.