The best embroidery comes from very clean, high quality digital files. Simple logos or text designs are best and If your design has small lettering or fine detail, it is best to send it in to us for review. All art files are re-drawn as digital stitch files "Digitized" in preparation for embroidery. Before you send us your artwork to digitize, it is best to follow these guidelines:
- Print ready embroidery files should be saved true to size and in a vector graphic file (.AI,.PDF or .EPS)
- 300 dpi resolution
- Use solid vector shapes (Do not include photos)
- Use solid colors (No gradients or blends)
- Outline all of your fonts
- For embroidery Font Sizes: 0.3” is the minimum height for upper case letters and 0.25” for lower case letters. If you plan to add foam to your lettering, the minimum font size is 0.75” and the minimum spacing between each puff letter is .05".
- Object / Line Thickness
- Flat Embroidery: The minimum thickness for all shapes is 0.05” and the maximum is 0.50”
- 3D EMbroidery: The minimum thickness for shapes is 0.20” and the maximum thickness is 0.50”
- If you plan on outlining objects in your design with a different color, the line thickness must be between 0.05” & 0.50”
- Save all embroidery artwork with a transparent background.
If you need more information, have additional questions or just can't find the answer to your question here, please submit a support ticket and one of our account managers will be happy to help.